Pennsylvania Truck Accident Attorney
Accidents involving tractor trailers and semi-trucks often leave injury victims with serious injuries that may be catastrophic. Recovering from these injuries could take months or years. For this reason, trucking companies are required to carry larger insurance policies for their tractor trailers and semi-trucks to compensate injury victims following a truck accident.
Commercial truck crashes differ from other car accidents because federal law regulates how commercial truckers are to take safety precautions before operating on the road.
Many of times, following a truck accident, there may not be significant damage to the vehicles involved but the injuries to the victim are serious and permanent. Mr. Gagliano recently settled a truck accident case for $250,000.00 where a commercial delivery truck rear ended a woman stopped at red light in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Although the damage to both vehicles was minor, the impact caused the woman to strike her head on the interior of her vehicle. As a result, Mr. Gagliano’s client developed a tinnitus (low pitch buzzing/ringing in the right ear) after striking her head. Mr. Gagliano hired a team of medical experts including an audiologist, neurologist, and ENT to prove that the injury (tinnitus) was caused by the truck accident and permanent.
The causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Sleepy, drowsy, and exhausted drivers tired from the pressure of making deliveries on time
- Intoxicated drivers that are drunk or using illegal narcotics
- Distracted truck drivers that are looking at GPS, cell phone or radio before crash
- Faulty truck parts that were ignored or improperly inspected before the crash
- Speeding to make delivery time
- Driving recklessly during severe weather conditions