Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The damages caused by a motorcycle accident can be catastrophic. When a vehicle hits a motorcyclist, there is little protection from the impact and the motorcyclist may suffer life-threatening injuries and sometimes death. Recovery from a motorcycle accident can take months or years. Motorcycle accident victims may also suffer financial damages such as out of pocket medical bill and lost wages while being disabled from work. If you or a loved one were a victim of a motorcycle accident, you will need an experience motorcycle attorney to fight for your rights.
Motorcycle accident may cause injuries such as:
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Head injuries resulting concussion
- Severe lacerations and road rash
- Permanent scarring
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal damage
Recent Victory in Motorcycle Accident Case – $1,140,000.00 Settlement
Mr. Gagliano has represented many victims of motorcycle crashes that involved catastrophic injuries and death. He recently recovered a settlement of $1,140,000.00 for the family of a twenty (20) year old Montgomery County motorcyclist who died as a result of motorcycle accident. The case was very difficult because the police determined that the deceased motorcyclist was speeding when operating his motorcycle at 75 mph where the speed limit was 35mph. He was also operating the motorcycle without a valid motorcycle license. After working tirelessly for the family of the deceased motorcyclist, Mr. Gagliano was able to get some compensation for the family that lost their son.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident you should do the following after seeking immediate medical treatment:
- Request a copy of the police report from the department that responded to the accident
- Take photos of damaged property and of your injuries such as road rash, lacerations and casting
- Keep a record of your physical symptoms, doctor’s visits, treatments, tests, and medications
- Keep a track of time missed from work
- Never give a statement or supply information to anyone other than your own doctor – you are not obligated to speak with the other driver’s insurance company
- Do not accept a settlement offer from an insurance company until you have consulted with Mr. Gagliano at (267) 861-7100.