Norristown Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney
Purchasing a ride through Lyft or Uber is a safe and convenient way to travel. Unfortunately, rideshare services are not as safe as many customers believe. Uber and Lyft are not required to follow strict safety standards that other transportation companies are required to follow. Many rideshare drivers cause accidents due to distracted driving when looking down at cell phone for directions or addresses. Many Uber and Lyft drivers cause accidents when taking their eyes off the road to look for customers to pick up on the street and addresses on buildings. An increasing common cause of rideshare accidents is driving down the wrong way of a street after a rideshare driver drives past the customer’s pick up and drop off address.
In Pennsylvania, Uber and Lyft are required to pay rideshare passengers, who are victims of accidents, a higher amount of insurance benefits that is usually required by law. It is important that you have an attorney that is familiar with rideshare companies’ responsibilities under the law.
As Uber and Lyft already have your contact information stored from your ride purchase, it is common practice for Uber and Lyft to contact you directly in the days after an accident to offer you a lumps sum settlement. They are usually small settlements that range from $500.00 to $1,000.00. If you are offered a nominal settlement directly from Uber, Lyft or one of its insurance companies, it is important that you contact Mr. Gagliano directly as (267) 861-7100 or [email protected].
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft (Rideshare) accident you should do the following after seeking immediate medical treatment:
- Request a copy of the police report from the department that responded to the accident,
- Save the e-mail or take a snapshot on your cell phone of the Rideshare reservation/confirmation from the Uber or Lyft app to confirm the ride
- Take photos of damaged property and of your injuries such as road rash, lacerations and casting
- Keep a record of your physical symptoms, doctor’s visits, treatments, tests, and medications
- Never give a statement or supply information to anyone other than your own doctor – you are not obligated to speak with the other driver’s insurance company
- Do not accept a settlement offer from an insurance company until you have consulted with Mr. Gagliano at [email protected].
Norristown Uber Accident Lawyers at Anthony C. Gagliano III, P.C. Fight For Victims of Rideshare Accidents
If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, consult with the Norristown uber accident lawyers at Anthony C. Gagliano III, P.C. With over 15 years experience in personal injury law, Anthony C. Gagliano III was raised in Norristown and has opened his own practice in Center City Philadelphia, serving clients who have been injured in car accidents. Mr. Gagliano’s mission is to seek justice and compensation for victims and their families. Call us at 267-861-7100 or visit our website to set up a free consultation. Located in Philadelphia, we serve clients in Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Norristown.