DUI Related Car Accidents
If you were a victim of a DUI related accident in Pennsylvania, you have a legal claim against the drunk driver and potentially legal rights against the bar, restaurant or club which served the driver alcohol.
- Pennsylvania has a Dram Shop law that allows injury victims to make a legal claim against businesses that serve alcohol to visibly intoxicated patrons.
- You may also have a right to pursue punitive damages against the drunk driver for the reckless act of drinking and driving.
Dram Shop claims are very fact intensive so it is important to make a claim as soon as possible to preserve important evidence such as surveillance video, credit card receipts of the drunk driver and social media posts to prove that the driver was visibly intoxicated.
Under Pennsylvania’s Social Host Liability Law, an adult may be liable for an intoxicated minor (under 21 years old) that is served or furnished alcohol at a party or social function and later causes an accident that injures another person. If the intoxicated minor suffers an injury from an accident due to intoxication, he or she may also have a legal claim against the adult for serving alcohol to a minor.
Mr. Gagliano has recently recovered the following settlements for victims of DUI related accidents:
- $500,000.00 – A DUI related accident in the Poconos (Carbon County) where an 18-year-old suffered a fractured neck with surgery after getting into the car of another 17-year-old who was drinking and driving.
- $250,000.00 – A Montgomery County woman suffered a fractured foot after being struck head on by a drunk driver.
- $800,000.00 – A painter fractured his leg after being forced of the road into a telephone pole by another driver on Roosevelt Boulevard in Philadelphia. Cans of beer were observed in the car at the accident scene.
- $750,000.00 – A Montgomery County food delivery truck driver was struck head on by another vehicle in Upper Merion Township, PA. The driver had intoxicating substances in his system at the time of the crash.