Chester County Car Accident Lawyers
Chester County is part of the Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington metropolitan area that sees all types of car accidents. Chester County has over 30 major roads and highways and several national and state-protected parks and other regions. Eastern Chester County is especially busy, with many communities that comprise the western suburbs outside of Philadelphia. The southernmost portion of the county is also bustling as part of suburban Wilmington, Delaware. Considering all of the different kinds of visitors, residents, and others traveling through the area, there is no surprise that there is a chance of being involved in an accident and sustaining an injury.
Anthony C. Gagliano III, P.C. provides unmatched experience and success. Unlike most firms, we remain accessible to all of our clients. We handle accident cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing until we successfully achieve an award for your personal injury matter.
What Types of Car Accident Cases Do We Handle?
We stay on top of current laws so we can effectively handle a wide range of car accident cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Impaired driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
How Can an Attorney Help Me With My Car Accident Case?
Personal injury cases can be complex and time-consuming. An attorney with experience resolving issues to favorable outcomes can guide you through the detailed procedure of filing a claim or lawsuit. Your attorney can handle the investigations, negotiations, litigation, and settlement. Your lawyer can take your case to trial and file any necessary appeals if necessary.
A personal injury lawsuit starts with properly filing key documents and going through discovery. Your attorney will ensure the details of the incident are investigated, reports and evidence are requested, and witnesses and experts are deposed. Sometimes, motions will need to be filed to further your case. A car accident lawyer can help determine the best strategy for your particular legal matter and fight for the best possible result.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Chester County?
State law provides a statute of limitations that serves as a timeline for how long a party has to take legal action after experiencing an injury. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of your injury.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Injured in a Car Accident?
Residents and visitors of Chester County can find themselves injured due to an accident at any time. Regardless of the type of accident or severity of your injuries, knowing what to do to protect your rights and safety is essential. You should do the following after a car accident:
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. The most important thing to do after being involved in an accident is to seek medical attention. Not only is this crucial for your health and well-being, but it will also document your injuries and any medical treatment for possible future claims and legal proceedings. You should always accept medical assistance and remember that serious injuries are not always immediately apparent.
- Call the police, and get a copy of the report. It is crucial to call 911 or alert law enforcement about the accident as soon as it occurs. This way, the police can do an initial investigation and provide a report that often sets forth important evidence for proving liability. Without a police report, you may find yourself in a situation where the other party changes their story or even denies that the accident ever happened.
- Get contact information. If your injuries do not prevent you from speaking to the other party involved in the accident, exchanging contact and insurance information is important. You should also get the contact information of any eyewitnesses to the accident who may not wait at the scene for the police to arrive, which can put you in a situation where it is just your word against another’s. Obtaining all possible contact information at the accident scene will help your attorney further your case.
- Contact a Chester County car accident lawyer. After taking care of your health and safety, consulting with a knowledgeable lawyer after being injured in an accident is critical. An experienced attorney will take care of the complicated details of your case so that you can focus on recovering from your physical and emotional injuries.
Contact Our Chester County Car Accident Lawyers at Anthony C. Gagliano III, P.C. After a Collision
If you need legal representation after a collision, speak with our Chester County car accident lawyers at Anthony C. Gagliano III, P.C. We will fight on your behalf and protect your rights. Call us at 267-861-7100 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today. We are located in Philadelphia and King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, and we serve clients in Montgomery County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Chester County, and Norristown.